What are cookies?
Cookies are small text containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your web browsers or internet enabled devices that can later be read by the server – like a memory for a web page.
This means we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the internet domain and IP address from where you access the website;
- the type of browser software and configuration and operating system used to access the website;
- the date and time you access the website;
- if you linked to the website from another website, the address of that website; and
- the pages you enter, visit and exit the website from, content viewed and duration of visits.
Why we use cookie?
Cookies that are required for the operation of the website and enable you to log into secure areas of the website is called strictly necessary cookies. Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around and use our website. These cookies are used for web enhancement and optimization purposes and to aggregate statistics on how our visitors reach and browse our websites. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and to help us understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is. Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, tailor the website for your needs and remember your preferences, for example, your choice of language or region, browsing font size. Cookies that record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed is called targeting cookies. We will use this information to make our website and any material displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose; and advertising cookies will remember your preferences, and in general, that your used the website, to tailor advertising to you that are as relevant to you as possible, e.g. by selecting interest-based advertisements for you, or preventing or limiting the number of times you see the same advertisement to help measure the effectiveness of advertisements.
We may also use analytics companies and third-party service providers to gather information and aggregate data from our website visitors such as which pages are visited and how often they are visited, and to enable certain features on our websites. Information is captured using various technologies and may include cookies.
We may use and disclose your activity information unless restricted by this policy or by law. Some examples of the ways we use your activity information include:
- Marketing, product development, and research purposes
- Developing reports regarding website usage, activity and statistics
- Customizing your experience on the website including managing and recording your preferences.
- Enabling certain functions and tools on this website.
- Tracking paths of visitors to this website and within this website.
- Assisting users experiencing website problems.
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the website.